Tuesday 11 September 2012

Avon Chest & Neck Serum

One of my Paranoias (one of many my husband might say) is the possibility of  my neck ageing resulting in me looking like a turkey!
A true Gatineau throat gel devotee, I was looking out for something that gave me the same results on a cheaper basis (believe me, the suggested Gatineau pea size amount of product is not enough, I slather this stuff on).

Flicking through a colleagues Avon book I saw the Planet Spa (Avon) Chest & Neck Serum and decided I had nothing to lose for £3 for 50 ml's (it's £5 when not on offer).
I didn't expect too much to be honest ... but, I have been pleasantly surprised.
I have been using this for around 4 weeks now twice a day and I really love it (I do go over the top with my body moisturiser)
I haven't notice a decline in the skin on my neck and decollete  and I am still left with the silky feeling that my Gatineau product always left me with. 


The consistency is clear and fairly watery, it glides on easily, but it is sticky to touch until it dries, but this is usually within a couple of minutes so isn't an issue to me. There is also a mild tightening feeling upon application.
I can't get my head (or nose) around the fragrance. There is a very light smell of something, nothing offensive though. I want to say tangerine, but it's certainly not citrus.

The product claims to  reduce crêpiness and the appearance of lines and wrinkles, while re-texturising the skin, making the neck and chest appear younger. 
It contains antioxidant olive leaf extract and olive oil. 

I'm not saying I will never use Gatineau again, and will probably repurchase when the time is right and it is on offer via QVC, however for now I am happy with my Planet Spa - definitely no complaints from me and definitely one that will be repurchased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment